The aim of the Under Graduate and Nursing program is to:-
- Prepare Graduates to assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives in providing promotive, preventive, curative, and rehabilitative services.
- Prepare nurses who can make independent decisions in nursing situations, protect the rights and facilitate individual and group in pursuit of health, function in the hospital, community nursing services, and conduct research studies in the area of nursing practice. They are also expected to assume the role of teacher, supervisor, and manager in a clinical / public health and educational setting.
Apply knowledge from physical, biological and behavioral, including alternative system and Nursing in providing Nursing Care to Individuals, Families and Communities.
- Demonstrate understanding of lifestyle and other factor which affect health of individuals and groups.
- Provide nursing care based on steps of nursing process in collaboration with the individuals and groups.
- Demonstrate critical thinking skill in making decisions in all situations in order to provide quality care.
- Utilize the latest trends and technology in providing health care.
- Provide promotive, preventive and restorative health services in line with the national policies and programs.
- Practice within the frame work of code of ethics and professional conduct and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- Communicate effectively with individual and groups, and members of the health team in order to promote effective interpersonal relationship and team work.
- Demonstrate skills in teaching to individual and groups in clinical / Community health and educational setting.
- Demonstrate leadership and managerial skills in clinical / Community health and educational setting.